RE: Need Sanyo 20EZ Repair Tips

From: Tim Tewalt <tim_at_srccomp.com>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 15:45:28 EST

> >1. They all have a problem where the leftmost portion
> > of the screen (vertical monitors) is scrunched up
> > all together real tight.
>
> This is the vertical feedback cap often 10/160, near the transistors
> mounted on the side of the chassis.

Cool. Is this an electrolytic type included in the cap kit from
Bob Roberts?

> >2. Two or three have washed out color (have capkits).
>
> Have you installed the cap kits? Are they any good? Check that the
> regulated voltage is correct for the monitor.

Oops. When I wrote "have capkits", I should've said they aren't
installed yet. I just bought them a few weeks ago from a reputable
source (Bob). They should be good.

> >3. Someone messed with the convergence rings on one
> > monitor and it looks like there's three images over-
> > layed each other.
>
> You will need a convergence generator to fix that. You might be able to
> fake it with a board that gives a cross hatch pattern and disconnect the
> colour input leads for the various driver transistors.

Yikes. Better save that one for last. I might have another
20EZ to swap though.

Thanks so much for the help, John! I'll report back on Monday.

Tim