Re: Re[2]: Re: MCR II issue

From: EvilJim <eviljim13_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 15:34:14 EDT

I have taken both buss bars off the board and the short appears to have
gone with them. I wonder if the dielectric between the planes had given
out. I will be working on making new ones and getting those in place,
then will check the board again.

As to caps (though I shouldn't have to smoke it now), there appear to be
no tantalums in the board stack at all. On the MCR VidGen there are
only electros and an axial package that looks kinds like a diode with a
beveled end. The rest of the boards (SuperCPU and SSIO) have a handful
of electros, some ceramic disc, the "diode" package and what look to be
some polypropylene caps.

We'll see where things stand tomorrow and what questions I have then. =)