Re: Space Invaders Tilt error

From: Chris Loggans <cloggans_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri May 25 2012 - 18:02:20 EDT

Kevin,

     I went through the same thing and if your schematics are like mine, they don't show where the tilt switch is connected.  I ended up tracing it out at one point and here is what I found:

The tilt switch input comes in on pin 4 of the right hand connector of the sound board.  It goes through a resistor and capacitor like all other switch inputs and terminates at pin 5 of B2.  It then goes out on pin 6 of B2 and connects to pin 4 of B3.  The schematics incorrectly show that pin 4 on B3 is connected to the +5 volt line that is pulling up all port 0 (P0x) inputs, but it is not.  B3 is a multiplexer that puts the status of the tilt switch on the MX buss when the port 2 inputs are probed.  If there was a problem with the MX buss, your game would probably be dead so you shouldn't need to look any further than B3.  Hopefully that gives you a good place to start looking.

Good luck,
-Chris