Re: Replace the 9010A base with an IBM Parallel port?

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 10:59:05 EST

Yes I agree.

I pulled out DK Jr boards last night to work on them for the first time with
a Fluke, I had to drag out a memory map & run a Auto Learn (10 minute break
there). And given that I didn't have a known working board to start with
I'm really in the hole.

The sound generator is well documented as are the I/O but it still will take
some time to scratch out the basis for a Script....which leads to the next
question.

The Asteroids script is nice but the Interface screen exceeds the display.

Do we want to adapt a "protocol" for Inteface

Such as 1 = ROM checksums
2 = RAM

etc....?

But then this compiled information / scripts is a valuable timesaver & can
give you a competitive edge over your competition so why give it away for
free?

I don't know about you guys but I've got so much potential work staring at
me that I'll never see the end of it no matter how efficient/fast I was and
I know I would not be taking work away from anyone else (here or otherwise).

Kev