Re: PIA scripts?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 11:32:41 EST

PIAs are not too difficult to control, just remember the Control Lines (Direction) need to be set first, then you can read/write to the ports. It's the IRQ that is slightly tricky, the CA and CB ports in particular. <br><br>
I want to do the same for the 6532...it has a timer. The RAM is easy to test ... but haven't taken the time to work out the timer section.<br><br>
I've found that a thorough reading of the PIA info is very helpful, the 8255 has a sweat spot where you can write directly to the port with only one byte...on Game Plan MPUs this allows me to test the LED without having to go into a lot of work.<br><br>
Still I am putting most of my development time into the cracking of the codes for the pod. Again, if anyone is interested in Disassembling the pods... I am attempting to take the 6802 pod code apart as it is the shortest, only 400 bytes. The ports are known and I figure if we know what the pod will accept then we know almost all the codes. The ERROR codes are my next project. I will force the unit to misread a RAM spot by writing to ROM and see what happens. More tonight, maybe...<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
At 01:25 PM 07/03/2002 -0500, Kev wrote:<br><br>
anything would be appreciated.<br><br>
John has pointed out 6520 scripts &amp; I've got data sheets in hand but I<br>
thought I'd check 1 more time before I roll my own.<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Kev</blockquote></html>