Re: pin sizes for extractor and crimpers? recommendations?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 00:29:59 EDT

<x-flowed>

I did find a wonderful crimper that beats the heck out of all the others
I've tried, it is available from an ultralight aircraft parts company.

It's NOT the WALDOM HT-1921 (TRBR) - which is a pain to use correctly,
rather the part number is BCT-1 and it is available at B&C Specialty
Products. This is a most excellent tool, well worth the money!
http://216.55.140.222/articles/matenlok/matenlok.html for applications,
check it out, it is truly a breeze to use - my students can make
professional looking crimps within a few minutes instead of a couple of
hours using the old style crimpers.

http://www.aeroelectric.com/Catalog/tools/tools.html and scroll down about
1/2 way. $32US - Cheap!

John :-#)#

At 03:17 PM 14/10/2002 -0400, Kev wrote:

>http://users.erols.com/mowerman/Connectors/Connectors.htm
>
>Is a project I started on but never found the time to finish.
>
>I prefer the spring loaded pin pushers for the Molex pins.
>(buy tools that will last a life time if you can afford it).
>
>Also you should note that crimper prices can be much higher than $30
>depending on connector.
>
>Kev

</x-flowed>