Re: G-80 Multigame...

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 17:16:20 EDT

>Ok, I'm not *trying* to be clueless here, so bear with me. :-)
>
>What else, if anything, does one need in addition to the above board to
>play the above games? Is the board you are developing new hardware that
>runs the original code, or is it an add on board that you use in
>conjunction with at least one original set of game boards?

Basically you'll want a complete G-80 game. (Could be Star Trek, Space,
Fury, whatever.)

The current plan (there's getting to be a lot of permutations depending on
what we can pull off) is to make a board that replaces the EPROM board in
the cage. You'll remove the security chip and EPROM on the CPU board,
remove the EPROM board, and plug in the new board. That will give you a
game that boots as a regular G-80 game, but if you hold down the P1 and P2
start buttons it will go to a menu screen that lets you select one of the
games to play. You choose the game and it runs.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/