Re: Multigame update!

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 14:04:57 EDT

On Jun 2, 10:38am, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: Multigame update!
> Hi all!
>
> After some helpful discussions with Dave and Al on a problem I was having I
> now have the first cut of the Multigame daughtercard running on my G-80
> system at home. It plays Zektor and Space Fury. Hitting the NMI (test)
> switch drops into a menu system. ;-)
>
> Anyway, it's coming along nicely. I learned some interesting things along
> the way:

[techy rambling deleted ;-)]

Sounds great! Am I right in saying that the menu system doesn't really buy you
any convenience at this point because you still have to swap the sound boards?
 (Hmm, I haven't tried running Eliminator or Tac/Scan with a Speechboard...I
wonder if it's possible using the menu system to go between StarTrek<->Tac/Scan
and Eliminator<->Zektor at least at this point).

The more I think about it, the more I'm interested in the menu system. For a
normal converta-cabinet, it's not such a pain to swap boards and control
panels, but for a 4-player Eliminator, swapping in another cage is a pain in
the $*@!

However, I'd also like to see how the controls are handled; we're in a similar
situation as with the Bally MCR stuff where control pinout change from game to
game.

Also, for the menu system, is there anyway you can make it the reset switch
instead of the NMI? Hitting the reset switch is much easier and something that
even MY friends could figure out :-)

> I'll put up a screen shot of the menu system titlepage this afternoon
> (hopefully)...

On your homepage I'm assuming?

BTW, anyone know of a source for those ORATOR chips found on the speech boards?

Also, how many people would be interested in Clay getting a run of the Single
Player rotary interface (used for Star Trek, Tac/Scan, Zektor) boards made up?
 They are extremely simple boards, but are hard to find.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL