Re: cine sound board

From: Joseph J. Welser <jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com>
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 12:45:01 EDT

> ..interesting, I've been thinking of doing pretty much the same thing
> for the Sega vector games. Any chance of getting samples / development
> tools :-)

        I've actually been trying to find out how to do that over the past few days, but I haven't gotten too far. It seems that we use a "different" type of distribution here.

        I'm sure that I can get you samples. I'm not so sure about the development tools. But let me look into it.

        I've been putting a bunch of hours into this project over the past week or so, and I'm hoping to have an initial MATLAB model of my version (of just the Star Castle Sound board for now) soon. Anyone who has access to MATLAB should be able to hear my emulated versions of the sounds....

        I was looking through the archives of this list and I saw that there was some discussion a while back about the 3 pin analog noise generators. Did you guys ever emulate these digitally? If so, you'd save me a bit of work. I need to find out how that puppy works (i.e. its noise spectrum.)

        I think you guys were talking about using an LFSR, generated by a PIC to do that. Did that work?

Joe