Battle Zone board problems

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed Dec 31 1997 - 00:06:27 EST

I have two BZ AVG boards each with different problems, I am hoping that one of you here can give me some help. As I have no working BZ set I am shooting somewhat in the dark.

Monitor checked out and working, checked with an Asteroids.

AVG #1
No vector output (flat line 0 v on X / Y out) (SK on)
Watchdog barking
With WD disabled still nothing.
Test switch results in nothing

AVG #2
No Vectors (Spot killer on)
Board runs
Self test results in "Long" tones continuously. I have waited 15 before giving up.
This board is eating the TL082 at D10 (Y). I replace it and it appears to work ok for a minute or two then the output goes to +15Vdc. And that is the end of that op amp. Inputs appear ok.
At some point in the past the board was hit pretty hard by something, the X op amp had blown (literally). This has been replaced and appears to be ok.

I have 4 math box boards but at this time can't tell what is what with them.

As an aside as I was doing this mail I hooked up my third AVG board and noticed that it had a different ROM revision and very faded the words Red Baron on it. That would explain why it was not working quite right. I will have to test it at some other point.

Thanks,
David