Re: Bulletproof your WG6100!

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 18:30:03 EST

>I'd have to look at my notes at home for exact numbers, but with a quick
>back of the envelope calculation, I believe the source current is no more
>than 100 to 200 mA. Any more than that and I think the pass transistor will
>source a current high enough to blow the fuses. i.e., -- it is possible
>that my current PCB will work with the HV versions of the LM regulators.
>I'll take a closer look at it after I have finished the fab order.

Cool. Looks like the LM317/337HVH come in a TO-39 package (metal can).
Pinout's a little different than the TO-220, but I could hack a couple in
to try at least. If you only need 100mA or so you might be able to use the
TO-92 packaged LM317/337-- they're $.63 a pop from Digikey.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/