Re: Old CNMA monitors

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 12:26:49 EST

You wrote:
> The Barrier monitor schematic on www.spies.com contains the HV section. It's
> also one of the .TIF files that is readable by Paint Shop Pro.

Got it! Thanks for the pointer.

While there, I saw the service bulletin regarding arcing on cnma monitors with
the Sylvania tube. Looks like the recommended action was to use a neo lamp to
sink the HV field.

Has anyone dealt with this problem with the older Sylvania tubes? Is it a
serious/common problem?

Using a neon lamp seems to be quite a hack. I'd like to skip it if not
necessary (of course, we have to get the HV working again first ;-)

Ray