Forward Air

From: Eddie <eddie_at_?thepettitfamily.org>
Date: Mon Mar 23 1998 - 19:19:11 EST

OK. I had heard the rumors. I even check with FA myself to make sure they
shipped pins & vids. But today I went to my FA Terminal (rathole) to ship a
pin and a vid and was told they wouldn't accept them. The employee then
called the office and they would accept them. Then I unloaded them and
proceeded to wrap and pallet them, and guess what? They then said 'I've got
bad news. The home office called back and we can't accept them unless they
are crated.'. Ok so then I got on the phone with the home office and spoke
with Pat Fenton (OS & N Claims Department (Manager?)). We had a
conversation in which he explained to me that they will only ship crated
games. If others throughout the country are currently doing it they
shouldn't be. He also is currently working on a stamp for every terminal
that releases FA from any liability or damages from improperly shipped
arcade games. If anyone wants to talk to him he can be reached at
800-496-4697.

In summary, If you or someone else has shipped from your FA Terminal, keep
doing it. As long as the Terminal Personnel don't call the main office you
will still be able to ship. If you or anyone else hasn't shipped from the
Terminal expect problems.

In the closing of the conversation with Pat Fenton, he stated that this will
be a company-wide policy. It should be already. His suggestion was to
either 1) crate the thing with a folding crate that can be returned or 2)
box it and and have foam blown into the box. Neither of which are very
affordable solutions for games that just sold for $150.

Oh well, now that I've had my rant.....for those that can ship by FA good,
for those that can't we need to find another affordable way. I just shipped
1 game by yellow freight and the cost was over $250. The game only sold for
$300.