Re: WTB: Dedicated Major Havoc (A Story)

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 15:41:08 EST

> I came home with a Hummer.
>
> For those who don't know, a Hummer is a really big Jeep. I mean really big.
> I mean, like huge. It weighs 6,000 lbs, can tow another 10,000, has a 6.5l
> turbo diesel. And has no usable space that I can figure out. It's a 4
> seater, with the engine/transmission between the seats. It has a small bed
> out back, that you couldn't even lay down a full-size arcade cab in.

That's the funniest thing I heard all week! Who the heck wants a $*#% Hummer?
Does it have the big Iron rings protruding through the hood? You can hook
parachutes on them and throw it out the back of an airplane :-) After placing
2nd in the AUVS ground robotics competition at OU, our team lead went on to
work on Hummers that follow Hummers for the army (grad work) I never could
figure out what cargo they'd carry cause there's no room - like ya said...

> On the other hand, they list for $74,000.

It'd cost more than that in gas for me to drive it home to Michigan.

> Anyone know of a dedicated Major Havoc for sale in the New York area ?

Last year one with monitor problems sold here for $50 at auction - no I
didn't go that day :-(

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.