Re: Battlezone

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 01:38:08 EDT

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> > Clay, you're working on disassembling the Star Wars code, right? Did
> > you say you have a processor pod for the 6809 and your logic analyzer?
> >
> > Sure sure, ESB shields first, then we need to get to the good stuff!
> >
> Yep, but I just found out that the Buster Bros. board I want will go
> (permanently) dead once the SRAM battery dies, so I have to figure out
> how to save that first. ;-) (Plus, it sounds like a neat problem.)
>
> -Clay

Hi, Clay!

Um, is this a dumb question: Why not change the battery with the power
ON? That is unless the battery is part ofthe device as in Dallas
Semiconductors 10 year ram. If you can replace the battery, use a pair
of jumper wires to jumper a second battery into the circuit, then
unsolder the first (use a propane soldering iron to avoid shorting to
ground) and replace it with a third battery. The idea here is even if
you have a power failure whilst replacing the battery the jumpered
second battery will cover for you...
John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com