Re: ESB Inquiry

From: George A. Booras <gbooras_at_gate.net>
Date: Mon Jun 01 1998 - 20:37:46 EDT

A question to our vector gurus - I just bought my Star Wars and noticed a
few things with the monitor I was curious about:

1) When the game is over the screen "jumps" (for lack of a better term - it
gets oversized for a second then comes back to normal) for a second before
entering into attract mode or entering high score, etc. What would be the
cause of this?

2) Secondly, when the Death Star dies, 2 things happen - first a very
bright straight stray line goes from the screen's center point to about 3
inches away. When the explosion concludes - one bright white dot with
several lesser white dots are at center screen, with low intensity white
lines radiating from them occassionally. Any suggestions about this?

3) Lastly, I noticed that when the game is doing the famous Star Wars
style scrollback the letters are often "shaky" or "vibrating" when they are
scrolling back - I know its from the monitor drawing and refreshing, but is
it normal?

By the way, the monitor, I believe, is a Wells-Gardner - serial # starts
with WG ...

Thanks everyone,
George