RE: John's auction

From: David Shoemaker (Comforce/RhoTech) <a-dashoe_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 15:50:36 EDT

> The one post is sufficient for interested buyers. Updates to the whole
> list will annoy many, and benefit few. Thanks for making these games
> available, though! Everybody, if you're interested in participating,
> please e-mail John directly. I'd like to know the final prices at the end
> of the auction, but I don't think anybody wants to see the list turn into
> another eB*y (heh).

You know there are say 4 responses to the list now on this. That would be a
couple of weeks worth of updates assuming an update every 3 days or so. :)

Personally I don't care either way, as long as there was no more than 1
update a day I don't get that much email.

My .02$. And not even the reason I posted this.

I have tried the news groups but forgot to put it where I might actually get
a nibble.

I am looking for a dedicated Quantum. Cabinet, marquee and CP need to be in
good to great condition. Doesn't need to work, prefer an original
ampliphone monitor. I realize it won't be cheap but it is now the only
Atari Color Vector with anything like a production run I don't (Yes Dan you
get the SW first thing Monday morning).

Now that I have set myself up for it I really don't want to pay more than 1K
unless it is really nice.

I am in Seattle and will arrange shipping or pickup as needed.

Not sure if WTB is appropriate or not on the list but what the hell. :)

OH and does anyone know if the neck plug for an Electrohome color xy is the
same as that for a WG color XY? I picked up a spare tube from an
Electrohome and want to rebuild a WG that the wife accidentally let the air
in.

David