Re: Deflection cooling

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 14:24:57 EDT

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, tom mcclintock wrote:

> Since I just had a new back door cut for my Space Duel, I thought it would be
> an ideal time to cut air holes in the door for the HV and deflection boards.
> I additionally want to add a cooling fan and was wondering if (1) a CPU
> cooling fan would provide sufficient airflow and (2) where the optimal place
> to grab power for the fan would be?

Tom,

        I doubt a CPU cooling fan would be good enough.

        Where you get the power from depends upon the voltage of the
fan. Most come in one of 2 varieties: 120V or 12V. I would suggest 120V
becuase they are usually bigger and move more air, and you can just tap
into the 120V line voltage (be careful.)

Joe