RE: My Ast Deluxe sideart is drying up and peeling off...

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_infowest.com>
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 12:23:18 EDT

Your best bet is to use a very thin glue or contact cement. Using anything
thick will cause lumpiness when the decal is applied and you will be able to
see a difference. Another good option is spray adhesive, but it is
expensive ($7+ a can for Scotch 77) and you have to mask off the area to
avoid overspray.

I've used "Pliobond" before (found it at Ace) with fairly decent results.
Basically it is very thin contact cement. I haven't had problems with this,
but the label indicates that it can dissolve some plastics, so test in an
inconspicuous area to be safe. Also, you should *not* wait for the adhesive
to dry as the instructions indicated, again to reduce the bumpiness
underneath. I'd also recommend using a small hard plastic roller to smooth
it out, then clamp. In the end, you should end up with something that looks
as good as original.

Good luck,

Bret

---