RE: How many cabinets can you fit...

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 18:57:41 EST

Ive probably moved at least 100 cabs in my Tacoma.. usually I move
them 3 at a time, you can haul 4 if you leave the gate open.. Just stand
them all upright, stick moving pads between them (or cardboard), and then
strap in with 3 straps. I put the first 2 games facing sideways, then the
last game facing backward. This allows me to put a strap from the tie
downs in the front of the bed, across the top of the control panel
(note: this doesn't work well with tempest :). Then I put a strap over the
top of the first game, and one around the base of all the games. they will
go NOWHERE. Usually I shake the games quite hard just to check them.. I
just end up shaking the entire truck.. I just use those cheesy ratchet
straps you can buy in 4-packs, but for the base I use one of those heavy
duty 3" wide straps. With that strap tight you almost dont even need the
other 2.. it really holds. Even though the games stick up a couple feet
over the cab, there isn't really any need to drive slow.. with all the
games strapped together they wont move.. I usually drive my usual 5 over
the limit on the highways.

I usually have to unload the games myself too.. so to unload a full load
I place a couple moving pads on the ground.. get the first game right to
the edge, then tip the top of the game all the way to the ground onto the
pad, while the base is still on the tailgate. Just grab the bottom of the
game and swing (ok, carry) it off the gate and set on the ground & stand
the game upright. I do this with 2 of the games, the last one I can lay
down in the bed and slide out. It works great.. and Its not hard (I'm not
that big either.. 5'8" 160 lbs).

Jeff