Re: WG19V200 transistor mounting

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 20:45:19 EDT

They are isolated from the chassis with mica or elastomeric insulators. If
using elastomerics (tan or gray in color and are flexible and rubbery) no grease
is needed. If using mica (semi-clear and won't bend much without breaking) a
THIN coating of silicone heatsink grease should be used on both sides. Not too
much, though. The whole point is to fill the pores in the mica and metal, any
more than that will start to reduce heat transfer.