Re: Sundance or Warrior?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 14:00:38 EST

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 13:48:15 -0500, "Omar Vega" <omar@techsource.com> wrote:

>Tailgunner was put out on a Vbeam board also. I'll have to check the
>strapping and number of ROMs when I get home though.

Tailgunner used the JEI (jump on external input) command to check the comparator
when reading the position of the joystick. Since the JMI (jump on minus), and
the JEI command are the same opcode, with the command being determined by the
JMI jumper, Tailgunner can not run on a board with this jumper in place.

FWIW: All the JMI jumper did was route the highest bit of the temporary
accumulator to the external input line, which allowed checking the sign bit of
the most recently accessed accumulator (A or B) using the JEI instruction. The
external input was sampled with a hardware latch (for debouncing), which caused
the test results to be delayed by one instruction. A bit weird, and this is why
you see all sign test instructions (JMI's) proceeded with a NOP to allow the
minus flag to "latch", before testing it -- a bit of a pain to emulate
correctly.

Probably more than you ever wanted to know about that jumper huh?

-Zonn