Amplifone problems...... I'm losing my mind....

From: Joe Bachmann <joe.bachmann_at_newmail.net>
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 22:49:54 EST

Please give me any suggestion you have for these:

Problem #1: Amplifone HV board. 7824 and resistor get very warm, but don't get
damaged. No HV. 0 volts at the +24. Wiring harness is good. I am testing a dead
short between the +30 side and the +24 side of the harness. All semiconductors
have been replaced with known good. All caps are good and all electrolytics have
been replaced. Square wave off 555 is fine, but not when cennected with the rest
of the circuit - It's just a wave form like an audio waveform.

Problem #2: What causes amplifone monitors to shrink in and out? I have touched
up all major solder joints on the board.

Thanks,
JB