Re: Anybody done John's Raster Hack for Ampliphone?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 15:10:25 EDT

There needs to be a 1 ohm resistor. You have to check the raster chassis
that you are using to replace the vector HV chassis for the presence of the
resistor. If it is not there you need to add one to the filament circuit,
if it is there then you do not need to add it.

I don't recall the details on this modification it's been too many years.
You are unlikely to have any problems if you consider that you are starting
with a working raster chassis and yoke, and are simply hooking up the
screen, HV, and focus lines to the original tube.

I did not go into a lot of detail as I wanted only people that are familiar
with monitor repair to attempt this operation - it is a 'hack' job and thus
you really have to understand the principles behind the operation.

I'll take another look at my page and see if I can make it any clearer but
if you are not comfortable servicing (as apposed to simply replacing
capacitors from a kit) in monitors then this might be a job you should get
someone else to do...you need, for example, a HV probe to verify the
voltages are correct for the picture tube you are installing this hack onto.

John :-#)#