Re: TECH: dead Amplifone (missing 20KHz?)

From: Karl Doe <kdoe_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 22:37:12 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "SteveT" <stuorto@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
> Missed your first message but a bad xfmr can cause distortion of the
collector waveform. Does the output get hot? If you have a red xfmr change
it.

So is that definitely a distorted waveform? Is the wave actually supposed to
be square at the BU406D? Anyway (as covered in an earlier post) it *is* a
red HVT. Interestingly I measured just over 2KV at the anode cap so it can't
be completely dead.

However, I'm so tired from looking at this thing all evening that I'm not
really making sense at the moment...... so before I ask any more stupid
questions I'm off to bed.

Later

Karl.