Re: Very Dim Asteroids Monitor Problem

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 16:19:43 EST

Well, I checked the input voltages and they look fine to me. This is a
G05-801 model so I'm getting 30vac and 6.3vac like I should. The deflection
board is getting +/- 25 volts like it should. The EHT input voltage is 25v
which should be fine.

But everything from the EHT seems low. And I've tried swapping one in that
I know is working. So, instead of getting 400v I get 345v for the focus and
70v instead of 90v for the Z-amp. The tube is only getting about 10kv at
the Anode. I'm a little confused with Pin-1 on the EHT which I think goes
to G4 on the CRT. I'm getting 45 volts.

I'm looking at the schematics for the G05-801 EHT and comparing it with the
802 model. It looks to me like they are different. Maybe someone swapped
in a newer model and that's why the EHT is so low? I know that the older
monitor has different voltage requirements.

Has anyone ever successfully swapped in a model 802 EHT into an older 801
monitor?

Matt