Re: Tip: Bench Testing a WG HV Unit with a Single Ended Pwr Supply

From: <RSDAINC_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 15:15:46 EDT

Actually, it is best you don't these days. In the days of "POINTS", we would
stick a screwdriver in a plug wire and see just how good a spark it sent to
ground. Now days you would damage your vehicles "computer" with this type of
action. I guess getting those jolts from cars as a kid have made me where the
shock from a monitor (that ain't on) isn't so bad. Did get knocked down once by
one that was on. Damn thing was arcing to ground. I shined my little flashlight
in there to see what was going on and it arced to the flashlight. It was a
33" monitor and it literally knocked me against the wall. I really thought my
heart had stopped. I was fine, but that little flashlight never worked again.
Dean