Re: On the subject of Wintrons...

From: Vec Vid <vecvid_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 11:16:41 EST

>The only known failure I know of was Tim Tewalt, but this was a Penn Tran
>replacement. Looking through my e-mail archives, it's a Feb 1997 RGVAC
>thread "Wintron (Amplifone) Flyback Bulk Buy".

I bought it the summer of 1994 and it went out with a *BANG*, let me tell
you. Seems like it only ran for a few days (if that) before blowing up.
However, I used the original installation instructions from Keith Jarret;
who got them faxed directly from Atari. I haven't fully researched this,
but it is my understanding that that these wiring instructions were more
than likely incorrect. Anyone else agree? I still have the fax from Keith.
  The dude from Atari scribbled "May the force be with you" on the bottom.

I loaned the board to a fellow collector (Anthony Walden) who wanted to
tinker with it. I asked and asked for it back but I haven't heard from him
in five years now at least.

Tim Tewalt