RE: WG6100 a little more info...

From: Robert Gonyer <rgonyer_at_mchsi.com>
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 13:19:56 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org
[mailto:owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org] On Behalf Of peter jones
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 11:04 AM
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Subject: Re: VECTOR: WG6100 a little more info...

-----Original Message-----
From: "Robert Gonyer" <rgonyer@mchsi.com>
To: <vectorlist@vectorlist.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:28:58 -0600
Subject: VECTOR: WG6100 a little more info...

> A few more details I just discovered-
>

> When the large blue "Star Wars" is displayed at the bottom of the screen,
it
> shows up, but as soon as it starts to drift upwards, it disappears.
>

> Also, immediately after that, when the large green lettering is at the
> bottom, it is very bright, so bright that it is blooming. As it drifts
up,
> it gets much less bright. So it seems as though the bottom of the screen
is
> okay, but the top is too bright? But when I display a red crosshatch
> pattern on the screen, it's even top to bottom. Ugh.
>

>check the gameboards first!

Tested and working on at least two other monitors. After some more
"playing", it appears I just can't get enough brightness out of it. On one
of my working monitors, if I turn the brightness all the way up, you can see
the trace lines, and the picture is very bright (of course :)) Also, I've
noticed that you can't see the blue on the working monitor, until you get
the brightness up a bit. It seems to be the last one to come on.

On the non working unit, you can turn the brightness all the way up, and the
red and green appear, but no blue, and no retrace lines.

Having said this, here's what I have done. I took the HV section, neck
board, deflection board, and chassis transistors out of the good monitor,
and put them in the bad monitor. So basically I swapped the tube and yoke,
and the problem followed the tube and yoke.

Seems to me this must be a tube/yoke problem, does this sound like a
possibility? If so, is there anything that can be done?

Thanks for any help
Robb