Re: Now my Star Wars Deflection board blew!

From: Jonathan Stanley <jstanley1_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 16:32:15 EDT

I've been busy, but finally got around to replacing those fuses.
Since I couldn't find anything conclusive on the deflection board, I
hooked everything up and powered it up with new fuses installed.

Within a second R7 on the deflection board was on fire. Quite a
light show. It spewed black crud all over its neighbor, that tall
reddish thing at C3.

Now that I know that R7 is toast, can anybody suggest what is going
on with my deflection board? Should I just replace R7 and go from
there?

At this point I believe my HV board and transformer are fine. The
last thing I had done is to install inline fuses on the +24/-24 lines
leading from the deflection board to the HV board. The game ran fine
an hour or so after doing that, then lost video and found the 2 dead
fuses at F3 & F4 on the deflection board.

Thanks!
Jonathan