Re: WG K6100 Troubleshooting

From: Chris Loggans <cloggans_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 10:37:33 EDT

> Yes. That is what they are there for. They are
> called Nodal Voltages.

OK, then here's my problem (the long version). I've
got a K6100 that came to me with both of the chassis
mounted low voltage transistors blown (one open, one
shorted). I replaced the transistors, installed an
LV2000 and did a quick check of all other transistors
and everything appeared to be fine. I powered it up
with no signal and it seemed to be running OK. I
hooked up the boards, fired up the game and within a
minute or so, the chassis mounted Y transistors (Q60x)
were HOT and the low voltage transistors were out
again. I replaced all of the transistors again, did a
detailed once over of the Y section and all
transistors, resistors and diodes checked out fine.
This time I powered it up with no signal and started
comparing voltages to those on the schematic. The one
that was causing me concern is the voltage coming out
of the U57 (Q603 I think, I don't have my schematics
handy) going into the base of the 3716. According to
the schematics, this should be 0.3v with no signal.
I'm getting 0.004 (essentially nothing). Both of the
input voltages to Q603 are correct and the U57 has
been replaced with no change. I'm also seeing 0.75v
instead of 0.6v at the base of the 3792, so I'm not
sure if that is a cause or an effect of the first
issue. Like I said before, nothing tests bad, so I'm
a little stumped at the moment. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Chris