FS: ZVG's are back in stock and on sale.

From: Zonn <mlists_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 20:18:10 EDT

Ok, sorry about the blatant ad, but it is vector related and someone was asking
about the ZVG a few days ago:

We have ZVG's back in stock, and on sale for $199.
(Until the 1st week in August)

For those that don't already know, the ZVG (Zektor's Vector Generator) allows
you to play DosMAME on a vector monitor, (no I still don't have any Windows
drivers for it, anybody want to write some?).

The ZVG plugs into a parallel port on one side, and a vector monitor on the
other. It supports all vector monitors, with the notable exception of the
Cinematronics monitors that are driven using digital signals.

Supported monitors include (we have pre-wired cables for these):

* WG6101, WG6401
* Amplifone
* Sega (G08)
* G05-801, G05-802, G05-805
* 19V2000
* Dual trace oscilloscope in the X/Y mode
* Vectrex

The ZVG will drive the X/Y monitor built into the Vectrex, and does so with a
jumper only installation. No soldering and, no cuts. Connecting the Vectrex to
the ZVG is a completely reversible procedure. The funny thing is even a hole in
the bottom of the molded case, just the right size to allow one to replace the
back while still being connected to the ZVG. Thanks for that Jay Smith! I'm
sure you were thinking of us! ;-)

By using some of the test patterns built into some of the vector games in MAME,
or by simply freezing MAME on a particular screen that's giving you problems,
the ZVG can be used as a decent vector pattern generator.

The link is: http://www.zektor.com/zvg

And now back to your regularly scheduled discussions...

-Zonn