Strange issue with Cinematronics Clock Circuit

From: Matthew Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 18:15:15 EDT

 Normally this would seem like a pretty simple problem to fix, but
I'm a little puzzled by this.

 http://games.rossiters.com/Cine-Clock-Circuit.jpg [1]

 I swapped out the two 74S113 flip-flops at H2 and G2 with new chips.
 The outputs at H2 pins 5 and 6 appear to be fine, but I can't figure
out why pins 8 and 9 of H2 are stuck low.

 Does anyone have some ideas, based on the above diagram? Maybe 8
and 9 are being pulled down by something, but I can't yet see what it
might be.

  Matt

Links:
------