Re: Omega Race - help!

From: Lewis D'Aubin <ldaubin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 21:37:56 EST

> Technically, TTL will run at anywhere from 4.75V to 5.25V, so I don't
> think there's any cause for immediate panic. :)

Welllll, no, but before I closed the warehouse for the night, I observed
several things:

Low +5V, even at maximum adjustment.

Low X and Y drive voltage (?) I had to adjust the X and Y width adjusts
ALL THE WAY to get the picture to spread across the entire screen.

Somewhat fuzzy vectors overall.

The last one could certainly be attributed to bad connectors, bad
grounding, and/or bad filtration in the vector drive power, but since
the overall theme seems to be 'draggy power' I wonder if there's
something funny with the way the transformer's tapped. Anybody have any
insight into Bally power supplies to tell me if there's a 'high tap/low
tap' on these like there is in the pinball world?

> I would check the wiring
> between the PSU and the logic boards; make sure you have a good clean
> ground, as Matt suggested, and also make sure that the voltage wires are in
> good shape and that the connections at both ends are solid and unoxidized.

Thanks! That gives me something to check tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's
the game:

http://www.consortiumofgenius.com/arcade/omegarace.jpg

                                                        -Lewis