Re: Cat Box Signature Question

From: Mark Shostak <shostakmark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 23 2009 - 22:20:11 EST

To answer your question, the test is automatic (sans all the setup). You
touch a node and the display immediately displays the signature.

However, you're describing a more fundamental problem (i.e. setup).

1) Have you read _all_ of the documentation?
- The cat box manual has general setup information as well as background
that answers questions such as the one you asked
- The individual game manuals frequently have test procedures and signatures
specific to the particular game

You should read them both, carefully.

2) If you're not getting a flashing "GATE" led on the cat, than the display
will never update. You haven't described what you're seeing or how you're
configured, but based on your no update comment, I'd suspect gate is not
flashing.

3) You didn't specify what you were testing, but some subsystems require you
connect the catbox ribbon to the diagnostic connector on the board. Others
don't (e.g. mathbox). This could cause a lack of display updates. Again, be
sure to follow the setup instructions step by step.

4) Please provide more information when you ask a question. If you're having
trouble, be sure to explain what you're doing (what test you are running,
how things are connected, etc.), and what results you're getting (e.g. gate
led status, unstable led status, sigs, etc.). Remember, people will
(hopefully) search the list and find your question/solution just like you
did, when they have this same problem in the future.

Let us know what you find.

HTH.
-Mark