RE: Asteroids Graphics in one corner - UPDATE

From: Dan Todd <dantoddac_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 21:18:36 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org
[mailto:owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org] On Behalf Of Andre Huijts
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:15 PM
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Subject: VECTOR: Asterock anyone ?

Has anyone ever worked on an Asterock PCB ? Or maybe the MAME emulation ?

I've got a machine, and Andreas (he's on this list too) was kind enough to
have a go at fixing the PCB which succeeded, except he can't get the game
credited.
He checked all the inputs on the test screen, works fine. Slam-switch not
stuck high.

Any tip
appreciated.----------------------------------------------------------------

I worked on this board some more and found the 74LS374 at B11 had a stuck
pin 2. Replaced and graphics
Got smaller. Replaced 74LS174 at F11 and got full size picture. Found out
the sounds were out. Had to replace
All three 555's in the sound section. Tried self test again and got a tone
for one of the RAMS. Replaced
And the board will now go into self test.

Last problem I have is the Push Start and the enter high score words are all
too small. They are formed
Normally just smaller than they should be. The Push start and other words
are a little off center. The space
Ship is also smaller than it should be. Any ideas where to check from here?

Thanks,
Dan