Re: Asteroids Deluxe - odd problem...(fixed)

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Aug 29 2010 - 23:07:09 EDT

Kevin Moore wrote:
> A tool like that would be very useful. I've run into this situation a
> few times before. You would think the Fluke long Ram test would catch
> it. But it doesn't sometimes.
>
> Kevin

The Fluke test does not occur at system speeds, rather it simply dumps
the code onto the bus via a PIA, then toggles the R/W and reads it back
through the same PIA...slow...won't catch RAM problems related to speed
unless you are using one of the Z80QT pods...

Hmm...I wonder if I could make CPU adapters for the Z80QT pod, and as I
understand the pod runs RAM/ROM tests at system speed it is a more
accurate test. The QT pods also can generate a Checksum instead of the
Fluke Signature for ROM checking. They are a bit rare though...

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com