Re: Building SWCP Amplifone monitor - need some help debugging issue!

From: Scott McGovern <m_mcgover_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 06:23:36 EST

Okay, I had time for a quick measurement before work. I put my meter on AC and measured voltage across pins 9 and 10 of the tube connector with it disconnected from the tube. In order to do that, I jammed in a couple of pieces of wire into the connector. Looking at my DMM, it looked like the AC fluctuated between 3 and 12-15 VAC. I'm not sure if that was bad connection of jammed in wire, my meter, or some indication of something wrong? I will try to take a more careful reading tonight after work. I will also trace back to the HVPCB and measure there. Would fluctuating AC indicate a component failure?

Thanks,
Scott