Mystery Namco Galaxian IC

From: Marc Alexander <marc_at_wolfems.com.au>
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 05:36:48 EST

Hi everyone,

I have two original Namco Galaxian boards that I'm trying to fix,
but both of them are missing the same IC from the same spot and
I can't work out what to put there! Schematics I have located
do not show it, it is only particular to the Namco Galaxian version.

It's the IC at location 1.2R, 14 pin DIP

With the edge connector furthest away, looking at the parts side,
the bottom left corner where the 5 video ram's are in line in row 1, there
are two IC's squeezed 'in between' the rows 1 and 2, placed at 90 degrees.
Both are socketed, one is present at 1.2S and is a 74LS04.
1.2R is missing, but the socket is there, either it's meant to be and maybe had something
different if the ram chips were a different type? Or it's missing and I need
to replace it.

Any help would be very appreciated! :) I'm stuck on this one..

Thanks,

Marc