Re: Fluke 9010A ROM question

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 10:52:36 EDT

You need to compare the revision of schematics that you have to the
serial number of your machine. These units evolved over time (not a
theory ;-)
...someday someone will post pictures of the various revisions...

John :-#)#

>I popped open my Fluke yesterday and noticed that ROMS are located
>in locations J9 (U9) U19 and U21. So looks like the ROM archive on
>the FTP site has everything I need.
>
>Just out of curiosity though... this differs from the schematics and
>info in the service manual in that there should be ROMS at location
>U18 - U21. I'm looking at the schematics now and don't see any
>jumpers etc that would allow you to use, say, ROMs that are twice
>the size of the original ones which is what appears to be the case.
>Am I missing an EC or something that was done to the main PCB at
>some point in time? Or are my schematics dated?
>
>-Adam

If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com