Re: Zektor for the masses

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 17:15:00 EDT

At 03:44 PM 5/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>You wrote:
>> (Hmmmm. Now if someone wants to rewrite the code a bit and use the serial
>> port on the multi-game to run a modem and have two-player Eliminator over
>> the phone line...)
>
>You'd need at least a T3 line to make this work, and maybe even an OC3 link
>(review the MORTAL KOMBAT 4 thread on rgvac for the reference ;-)

I'll bet you wouldn't, that's the beauty of vector systems, you would only
need to share of few position bytes.

The complexity of the play field, and the number of options a player is
allowed differ vastly between Eliminator and Mortak Kombat 4!

Would do you need to know? Where everyone is, where everyone's bullets are,
and where the Bagel of Death is. Someone should be able to encode this in
very few bytes (Hey don't look at me! I work for a living, and they don't
understand this arcade thing!)

But if someone's going through that kind of trouble, wouldn't it be cooler
to write it for a PC vector library instead of the G-08 system? Hey, I'd
buy a copy!

-Zonn