Re: Tempest Fixed !

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Sat Oct 11 1997 - 12:19:18 EDT

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997, Warren 'Llama' Ernst wrote:

> >Don't forget to pump the sound through your stereo and turn the bass
> >WAY up. It helps with the "proper" experience.. Not as much fun as
>
> Interesting. While perhaps said in jest, I've been wondering how to go
> about doing this. Space Duel would indeed vibrate the place apart - just

Easiest way would be to jump off the speaker outputs, though you would have
to keep the volume on the machine itself way down. The machine I just fixed
had a (badly installed) jummper cable hacked into the wiring that ran up to
the top of the cab. It was such a kludge however I took it out and cleaned
up the wiring.

The speaker on my machine, however, isn't original. It looks like a single,
oval speaker mounted face-down in the little drawer where the light is, but
it's actually a 3-way car speaker -- with a midrange and tweeter in the big
woofer.

Somehow, I don't think that's original.
:-)

-Chris