RE: Troubleshooting

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 12:12:04 EST

I was thinking about the Atari AVG last night... I think that the
integrator is actually current fed, and it outputs the voltage. (Does that
sound right Zonn?)

If you probe the DAC output pin you'll see "something" if it's working--
I'm not sure it'll be recognizable as anything other than some periodic
waveform since the integrator will be "connecting the dots" to form the
actual images. You can at least look at each DAC output (X and Y) and
compare if they look similar or not-- that would give you a basic feel if
the DAC in question is working or not.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com