RE: Dedicate Major Havoc rollers

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 17:23:52 EDT

> The frame (I assume is similar to a trackball box) is probably not
> too bad, as all it has to be is the right shape and pretty tough.

I think it would be kinda cool to just make a frame for a replacement
out of metal (or whatever) and then just make a casting mould from that.
 From there it would be relatively simple to make either direct
epoxy-resin castings, or make a single "master" casting and take it to
someplace and have it spun-cast in aluminum for a couple hundred bucks
setup charge...

Of course, if people don't care about having a replacement for the
entire unit it's probably not worth it. I'd like one for my Major Havoc
conversion kit though. (and it sounds like a fun non-electronic
project. ;-)

-Clay