RE: XY as Audio

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 19:42:38 EST

> > From memory, I believe the Z signal varies between 4 and 10 VDC.
> > Maybe I'm way off but the idea is to just wire up a pot and this
> becomes
> > your brightness control. Wire the stereo left output to X input,
> right to
> > and set the volume to a 'pretty' image.

Actually I think the max input on the Z axis is around +5V or so.
Probably be a little happier under 5V. (I could be confusing color
inputs with the B/W though.)

Seems to me if you'd just want to make the thing look like a giant
o-scope you could use a function generator set to a sawtooth waveform
with about 12-14V P-P AC voltage on the X-axis input you could run an
audio input to the Y-axis through an opamp to give about 10-12V P-P AC
V.

Might look interesting to put X on the Left channel and Y on the Right
channel as long as your music has lots of stereo activity and
separation. If it's mono or something you'd probably just get a
diagonal line...

-Clay