Re: Goot Desoldering Gun

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 08:20:00 EDT

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:29:58 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

>About 12 years ago I knew a guy who worked at a salvage house removing
>chips from old boards and reselling them. They had a whole line setup
>removing chips from whatever boards they had in at the time. They used a
>hotplace filled with find grain sand. Stuff the board in the top and then
>start pulling chips as fast as they could. It was the wildest thing I had
>ever seen.

        Hah! You think _that's_ wild - I have a co-worker who claims that at
one of his previous jobs, _they_ did it by putting the boards in a shallow
pan of hot peanut oil (!), pulling off the components, and then washing off
the components in a detergent bath...
"An Academic speculated whether a bather is beautiful if there is none
 in the forest to admire her. He hid in the bushes to find out, which
 vitiated his premise but made him happy.
 Moral: Empiricism is more fun than speculation." -- Sam Weber
solarfox@DON'TMESSWITHtexas.net (Gary Akins jr.)
http://lonestar.texas.net/~solarfox