Re: vector programming...

From: Al Kossow <aek_at_spies.com>
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 14:05:37 EDT

"That said, I think MAME is just *dying* to be rewritten in C++ - all
those Machine/Driver structures and function tables are just C++ objects done
the hard way."

If that was all of the language that you used.. fine
But no one ever does that.

By the time you're done, you end up with a big fuzzball of mangled
names that is a nightmare to debug.

Contrary to programming wisdom of the 90's, plain old C is just fine,
thank you.

--al (20+ years of K&R)

ps. yes, I'm back from vacation. didn't do much video game stuff, mostly
    was digging for 70's minicomputer docs/sw. Did find a few things at
    one stop I did make, though (S16 schems, Turkey Shoot manual, Lethan
    Enforcers schems)