Re: Tempest emulation: what's the best?

From: Dave George <lebeau_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 16:06:21 EDT

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Al Warner wrote:

>OK, I'm going out on a limb here. The MAME emu of Tempest is awesome,
>but I like an older one called VectorDream.

  The features of Vector dream sound like fun, chatter, and ambient
noise? =) As for vector emu, I have one on my Mac, can't remember the
name, but does most all the vectors IIRC. It is an emu, and uses the
ROMs to "build a machine" for each game you want to play. (IE, you
start the emu, tell it what you want to play, by selecting ROMs, and
then it creates an cabinet icon, that launches the game from then on.)
I have it listed as Vector Arcade, but that may just be what I renamed
it to. I'll see if I can track down the original and LYAK.

                                        Remy LeBeau