Re: Tac/Scan Question

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 15:27:41 EST

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Matt Rossiter wrote:

> This is sort of an odd problem. Just recently, my Tac/Scan has been
> getting some electrical current into the metal rotation knob.

STOP!

Do *NOT* play this game until you have debugged this problem.

It sounds very much like a problem with an isolation transformer,
or lack thereof.

You are probably passing 120VAC through your finger, up your arm,
then straight down *through your chest cavity* and into the floor.

This is a serious electrocution hazard.

Later,
Doug.

--