RE: Star wars sound problem

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_classicade.com>
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 12:29:54 EDT

>From RGVAC (Russel Willoughby), regarding a Centipede sound problem:

It's not uncommon for the TDA2002 amplifier on the Audio/Regulator II
board to fail. This would be the first thing I'd replace... and I'd
check any resistors/caps/etc. in the sound amp circuit while I had the
board out.

I guess it's possible the problem could be on the game board, but I
doubt it. The board puts out unamplified audio, so it's basically
either present or not present. If the sound appears to be "correct",
but very quiet, I'd rule out the game board.

 --

So I guess check/replace the TDA2002s.